The Texas State Teachers Association will unite, organize and empower public education advocates to shape public education in Texas thus providing a quality public school for every child.
Internal Vision Statement
In order to shape public education in Texas, the Texas State Teachers Association (TSTA) will:
• Be receptive and responsive to the diverse needs of the membership, embracing differences;
• Be results-oriented, achieving outcomes that have a clear impact on members;
• Focus on systemic change, rather than on individual change; and
• Generate sufficient resources to expand association programs and services to meet all organizational needs.
TSTA will maintain an internal culture that values:
• Open, honest and respectful communication;
• Organizational and individual change based on data, assessment and evaluation; and
• Shared accountability, collaboration and teamwork among all stakeholders — members, leaders, management and staff.
Further, TSTA must:
• Focus its resources on organizing; and
• Recruit and visibly organize within locals that show potential and commitment.